ABANA is seeking a Programs and Event Planning Internship to assist with day-to-day operations within the organization. We are looking for proactive, driven, problem-solving interns that are interested in learning about all aspects of non-profit programs. The internship is a great opportunity to get to know our members and the wider finance community interested in MENA.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help plan and execute existing programming of events.
- Coordinate, follow-up and advertise events (announcements, invitations, press releases, ABANA Website, content summaries).
- Assist in producing branding and marketing materials to promote ABANA programming and other initiatives.
- Keep track of attendance and RSVPs through logging entries into the database – ensuring correct spelling, complete and accurate information.
- Follow up on issuing invoices, receipts and other payment related paperwork for constituents and attendees.
- Support the maintenance of partnerships with other non-profit organizations, think tanks and institutions with interest in the MENA
- Assist in forging partnerships with various educational institutions
- Contribute in various ABANA tasks as needed
This internship is heavy on database work primarily, but also website and Mailchimp and hence the candidate needs to be comfortable working with databases. Furthermore, ABANA has a small, collaborative team that works together closely and as required, pitches in to help in areas beyond their specific position description.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp is a plus
- Experience with Adobe InDesign is a plus
- Experience with CRM or other databases
- Interest in the financial sectors in North America and the Middle East-North Africa regions is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (this role involves communication with top-level executives and CEOs)
This position is a part-time internship. The candidate reports to the Director of Programs.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Programs & Event Planning Internship”.