February 22, 2023
We are pleased to share with you a job opportunity for our ABANA community, from Evercore in New York. Please feel free to circulate to your networks.
About Evercore: Evercore (NYSE: EVR) is a premier global independent investment banking advisory firm. We are dedicated to helping our clients achieve superior results through trusted independent and innovative advice on matters of strategic significance to boards of directors, management teams, and shareholders – including mergers and acquisitions, shareholder advisory, restructurings, and capital structure. Evercore also assists clients in raising public, private capital, delivers equity research, equity sales and agency trading execution, in addition to providing wealth and investment management services to high net worth individuals. Founded in 1995, the Firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices and affiliate offices in major financial centers in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, please visit www.evercore.com.
What is the Position?
SCS is seeking an intelligent individual from a Sales & Trading environment that has specific experience in Structured Credit / Structured Product Institutional Sales. The candidate must have strong existing client relationships and have some experience or knowledge of origination. Working knowledge of private capital markets (alternative asset classes such as Private Equity, Private Credit, Private Real Estate, etc.) and/or alternative investment managers more broadly speaking, including how private funds (limited partnership agreements) work, their investment characteristics, etc. is a huge plus. Ability to simplify and convey complex investment products to institutional investors is essential. The ideal candidate is a team player and a resourceful person who is enthusiastic about building a new business within an established institution.
Evercore offers highly qualified candidates the chance to advance more rapidly and take on more responsibility than in traditional bulge-bracket firms, exposure to blue-chip clients, and the chance to be part of rapidly growing, highly regarded firm on a highly regarded team in New York City
- 4+ years of experience in Sales & Trading sitting with either Structured Product sales, MBS sales or ABS sales.
- Strong relationships with real money buy-side clients such as large asset managers, insurers and pensions
- Knowledge or experience working with CLOs or CDOs preferred
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience working with APAC or EU clients is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to develop and maintain a strong network of clients
- Strong communications skills with an ability to present complex trade ideas to clients and accurately obtain feedback
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 required
- Regular travel for client engagement will eventually be required