Date March 31, 2015, 8:00 am
Location Convene Conference Center
810 Seventh Avenue, 23rd Floor, New York, NYSee Map
Littler extends an invitation to a breakfast briefing titled, “A Whistleblowing Whistle-Stop Tour: The Hottest Trends and topics in Whistleblowing & Retaliation.”
From the “Snowden Effect” to multi-million dollar bounty awards, whistleblowing issues present growing challenges to public companies, privately held companies and even non-profit corporations. Employers need to know how they can protect themselves against dangerous and publicly damaging claims. This program will cover the most important recent developments and cases in whistleblowing and retaliation litigation, including:
- The Supreme Court’s first Sarbanes-Oxley decision and its implications for the millions of privately held companies which do business with public companies.
- The widening split of authority on the question “who is a whistleblower” under federal law.
- The dramatic expansion of the definition of “protected activity.”
- Federal and state expansion of bounties for whistleblowers, including new proposals from the New York State Attorney-General.
- Whistleblower protections under the Affordable Care Act.
- Proper handling of investigations into whistleblower claims.
- Tips for establishing, fostering and maintaining a culture of ethics and compliance.
Speakers will include New York shareholders Bruce Millman and Eric Savage. A special guest speaker will appear on the panel to provide a unique in-house perspective on the issues.
Register for this event by March 27, 2015.
For direct registration, special accommodations and questions, please contact Kellie Nurko at knurko @ littler.com or 973.848.4752.