Brown Brothers Harriman – Investment Management
Institutional Business Development & Relationship Management
Relationship Manager – Middle East
In collaboration with the Senior Relationship Manager, the Middle East Relationship Manager will be responsible for managing relationships and portfolios for the most complex institutional clients, with a focus on the Middle East region. This position ensures that all clients are satisfied with services and acts as a trusted advisor by providing advice and proactive assistance in investment matters. The Relationship Manager exercises sound, professional investment judgment to meet the needs of institutional clients.
Relationship Management & Business Development
- Build, maintain, and service institutional client relationships
- Ensure all clients are highly satisfied with the service they receive, as demonstrated by continuing to maintain their assets at BBH.
- Develop new institutional clients by working with network contacts and direct calls to institutions.
- Gather additional assets from existing clients, as well as winning business of prospects identified by others.
- Develop and monitor yearly plans to strengthen relationships with the most profitable institutional clients.
- Ensure that systems or operational issues do not impact high levels of client satisfaction.
- Work with clients to identify strategic investment objectives
- Implement investment strategy to meet client goals and objectives.
- Utilize BBH guidelines and policy to assist with development of client specific plans.
- Demonstrate fluent knowledge of various institutional sectors (central banks, sovereign wealth funds, government pension funds, insurance companies, family offices, specialty pools of capital, etc.).
- Stay current with internal and external market activity and be conversant on economic and political news.
- Oversee preparations for account review, account opening, closing, maintenance and the creation of client meeting materials
Risk Management & Administration
- Exercise sound, professional investment judgment on behalf of clients, while avoiding risks to the firm.
- Ensure adherence to compliance requirements of the business.
- Complete documentation and written records of meetings and discussions.
- Approve new accounts and conduct regular account reviews.
- Document the start of an institutional relationship (e.g., fee schedule).
- Increase level of knowledge around investment risk and tax consequences and demonstrate this knowledge to clients.
- Clarify client expectations on a regular and ongoing basis
Business & Professional Leadership
- Produce significant profit, provide significant contribution and input to the team, and demonstrate a high level of leadership.
- Develop and implement long term new business strategies.
- Ensure that each client relationship is appropriately profitable.
- Review fee arrangements and ensure that expenses associated with servicing clients are appropriate given the associated revenues.
- Manage increasingly complex accounts and client relationships
- At least 5 years of relevant investment-oriented Relationship Management experience in the
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Excellent client service and relationship management skills
- Strong team player and work ethic
- Knowledge of BBH products, services, practices, and investment philosophy
- Proven ability to analyze complex issues and make sound decisions
- Strong understanding of the legal environment for institutional investments
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Series 7 & 66 certification
- CFA, CFP preferred
Please reach out to email@example.com should you have questions.