Iran’s Shifting Tides: Impact and Implications on the MENA Region
8:30 AM (New York EDT) / 1:30 PM (London BST) / 5:30 PM (Dubai GST)
Iran is on the eve of a great transformation, implying for MENA a potentially altered regional power balance and sizeable opportunities for doing business. Arabia Monitor’s Q2 2014 MENA Outlook Conference Call analyses the implications on MENA. Dr. Florence Eid-Oakden and Waleed Shoukry will discuss a range of topics such as:
- What are potential trajectories for nuclear negotiations and what would the implications be for MENA security?
- Emerging trends including escalating tensions over Crimea and heightened vulnerability within the GCC.
- 35 years since the Islamic Revolution, how has MENA trade and investment evolved with Iran? Could pre-revolution relations hold lessons for future potential?
- As the Iranian economy gradually opens up, where do the opportunities lie and what pitfalls to avoid?
- How will MENA sovereign credits perform this quarter as EM spreads remain under pressure given market concern?
- With elections coming up in Algeria, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq, how will the summer of reckoning define the trajectory for different MENA countries?
Registration is required. Please RSVP to email@example.com to receive dial-in details.
Arabia Monitor is a research firm that provides studies on the economies and financial markets of the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region, which it views as the new emerging market. Arabia Monitor’s perspective is forward looking and places recent developments in the region in a broader context, taking a long term view based on the macroeconomic and financial balance sheet of the Arab countries. A member of the World Economic Forum’s Regional Agenda Council on the Middle East & North Africa, Arabia Monitor was founded by Dr. Florence Eid, former Vice President and Chief Economist for MENA at JP Morgan. On the firm’s advisory council sits HRH Prince Turki Al Faisal bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, former Ambassador of The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the United Kingdom and the United States; Mr. Victor Chu, board member of the World Economic Forum and former council member of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and Dr. Richard Debs, founding president and advisory director of Morgan Stanley International and former COO of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
Online registrations are now closed for this event. Contact ABANA at 1 212 599 3030 or firstname.lastname@example.org for last-minute registrations or questions.