ABANA is pleased to extend the following invitation to Hogan Lovells’ International Financial Institutions Forum on Finance, Regulation, and the Law. The forum will be followed by a cocktail reception where guests will have the opportunity to continue the conversation with their counterparts at other institutions as well as partners in the Hogan Lovells global financial institutions sector team from the U.S., London, Continental Europe and Asia.
Discussions will include:
Financial services litigation and regulatory enforcement – Senior in-house counsel addressing:
- Challenges and trends in multi-jurisdictional investigations
- Extraterritorial subpoenas and requests for information
- Coping with conflicts of laws, including the law of privilege
- The effects of recent changes in the law of personal jurisdiction in the U.S.
FinTech – Featuring Hogan Lovells’ FinTech partners addressing:
- Whether competition or collaboration between FinTech companies and traditional financial institutions will drive sector developments
- The strengths and weaknesses of the U.S. regulatory environment and its impact on the growth of the market
- The Impact of blockchain technology on the financial sector: should we believe the hype?
- A comparison of the U.S. FinTech market to other key jurisdictions
Legislative and regulatory – Featuring Hogan Lovells’ legislative team and and a senior government relations bank executive addressing:
- The potential impact of the upcoming presidential and Congressional elections on the regulatory environment for financial institutions (including the two party platforms’ agreement to reinstate Glass-Steagall
- Developments in the CCAR process including the establishment of intermediate (domestic) holding companies for non-US banks
To register click here.