ABANA invites you to participate in our monthly conference call in collaboration with Arabia Monitor.
9:30 am (New York, GMT-04:00), 2:30 pm (London, GMT+01:00), 5:30 pm (Abu Dhabi, Muscat, GMT+04:00), 4:30 pm (Amman, GMT+03:00)
The ABANA-Arabia Monitor Monthly Conference Call Series is led by Arabia Monitor’s CEO and Chief Economist Dr. Florence Eid-Oakden, a respected authority on the economy and geopolitics of the MENA region. Dr. Eid-Oakden is joined by a team of analysts to provide insights into emerging issues in and affecting the region. Calls are open to all ABANA members. Topics to be discussed:*
- What are the highlights of President Trump’s visit to the Middle East?
- Will the Governor of Banque du Liban, Riad Salameh’s term be extended after August? What is the likelihood of parliamentary elections taking place in June?
- How will higher interest rates in Egypt impact inflation given cost-push pressures?
- Other than participation and voter rates, what was most significant about Rouhani’s re-election? Is Raisi still a viable supreme leader candidate?
- Which MENA countries have capitalised on China’s first One Belt One Road Summit?
*Please note that the title and content of the call are subject to change to reflect and include the most recent events affecting the region.