Uncharted Territory: How will Iran-US tensions play out?
Join us for the January edition of the ABANA-Arabia Monitor MENA Markets Call
9:30 am (New York, GMT-04:00)
2:30 pm (London, GMT+01:00)
5:30 pm (Abu Dhabi, GMT+04:00)
4:30 pm (Amman, GMT+03:00)
By RSVPing to this call you agree to provide your contact information to Arabia Monitor. Arabia Monitor may contact you directly following the call.
The ABANA-Arabia Monitor Monthly Conference Call Series is led by Arabia Monitor’s CEO and Chief Economist Dr. Florence Eid-Oakden, a respected authority on the economy and geopolitics of the MENA region. Dr. Eid-Oakden is joined by a team of analysts to provide insights into emerging issues in and affecting the region. Calls are open to all ABANA members.
- What does the death of General Soleimani mean for Iran and the rest of the world, and what would an Iranian retaliation look like?
- How will abandoning the nuclear deal play out for Iran in light of the February parliamentary elections?
- What are the repercussions of the killing of Soleimani for Iraq’s political and economic fragility considering government formation and the Iraqi parliament’s votes to expel US troops from Baghdad?
The Arabia Monitor Analyst team will also focus on:
- What obstacles does government formation in Lebanon still face? How can the Lebanese economy regain the confidence of the international community again?
- How does Turkey’s troop deployment in Libya deepen the conflict and what best, worst and baseline scenarios do we expect?
- With government formation in Algeria and the death of the then de facto army leader, General Ahmed Gaid Salah, will the military’s sway over politics continue after Salah’s death, forcing Algerians to stay mobilised until their demands are met?
To keep the debate lively and interactive, we will welcome questions throughout the call and will answer as many as possible during the Q&A at the end. We also welcome questions in advance – you can submit yours via email to email@example.com.
*Please note that the title and content of the call are subject to change to reflect and include the most recent events affecting the region.
**The call will be recorded